You may say what you want about Donald Trump but he is the first President, in my recent memory, who actually pronounced publicly that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior! At first this may seem like no big deal when in fact it is monumental. The name that is above every name (Philippians 2:9) is often ignored, left out or abused by our nation and its leaders.
I recently read that Augsburg University in Minneapolis, Minnesota, a University of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, in order to be all inclusive and tolerant, permits Muslim students to use the University Christian chapel in order to worship and pray to Allah! In the name of tolerance and love the leadership of Augsburg University has defamed the name of Jesus as the one and only Savior of all when they permit those who reject his Messiahship to use a Christian chapel to pray to another god.
“In the days of Solomon, the Jews got in trouble when they worshipped Baal or Molech” In Lev. 18:21 we read: You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the LORD. I wonder how many at Augsburg realize that they are profaning the name of Jesus?
How does Jesus feel about this? Here are his own words: Mark 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. Perhaps we all need a spiritual awakening when we realize how causally and indifferently we permit Jesus’ name to be ignored or abused since Jesus says that for those who do, he will one day be ashamed to know or acknowledge them! It is time to think soberly about what we are doing.
Permit me to make ten observations about Jesus the Messiah:
- The Bible insists that Jesus is God in human form.
- The Bible states that there is no other name, but the name of Jesus, for salvation.
- Jesus is the creator of the universe.
- Jesus is the resurrection and the life.
- Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- Jesus is the final judge of all time.
- Jesus’ shed blood on Calvary cleanses us from all sin, nothing else can do this.
- Jesus alone has conquered sin, death and the power of the devil.
- The Bible confirms that the same Jesus who died for our sins bodily rose from the dead.
- This same Jesus will return bodily and all will have to stand before him and give account.
How are you treating the name of Jesus? The way you utilize or fail to utilize his name is truly what you think about him and who he is! The day will soon come when you and I have to stand before Jesus and give an account for every word that has come out of our mouth! Most of us have no idea how frightening a day that will be if we have failed to honor and live for him now. In Hebrews 10:31 we read: It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
- Augsburg University leaders need to repent for being ashamed of the name of Jesus.
- Church leaders who change the Bible to agree with our modern culture need to repent.
- Federal Government leaders and State Leaders need to repent since Jesus does not agree with separation of church and state!
- •Christians need to repent for their silence and tolerance of the abuse of Jesus’ name.
- We all need to walk in repentance honoring Jesus name as the only name given for our salvation.